Spring has sprung! With the pooring rain, and dull light, today has been a very sluggish day in our household. The few crashes of thunder I heard early this morning was delightful!
I was reading Deb's blog, and I feel for her. But to be honest, I don't know what it is like for her. I have been blessed with a child who loves his sleep. Currently he sleeps more than he's awake in a day. He goes through the night, but not solidly. He breaks out of his swaddle every night now, and that wakes him up, so I have to go in and give him his blanket (he's attached to a very soft, cuddly blanket) and soother, and he's out, so I'm only up for the same length of time it would have taken me to go to the bathroom.
After becoming a mother, I have become a night person (Dave would laugh at this because I go to bed at 10:30-11pm and he still thinks that is early) We put Caleb to bed anytime after 9:30pm and he then wakes up anywhere from 6:30am-7am for a bottle and then he is back to sleep until 9:30-10am, this means I too go back to bed sleeping that late! Amy called this morning at 9:30am and I let the answering machine get it, because I was still in bed, and when I told her that, she laughingly called me a lazy mother! I love my mornings of sleeping in, I don't know what I'm going to do when the sun rises earlier!
I congratulate both Deb and Jay on their weight loss success, I too am working on getting back to where I was before, I have 9lbs to go. My goal is to have it gone before baseball season starts! It's not easy, I started at the beginning of March, and I gone without chocolate for 25 days now! This has been so very difficult! But I'm hanging in there, I promised myself to get to Easter, and I'm doing it!
2 comments:
Breaking the addiction to chocolate and sweets is hard! I find it easier now that I find Canteloupe, apple sauce and honeynut cherrios 'sweet'. Its all about re-training your brain.
You're good to have made it this long without chocolate! I had to give up chocolate because it gives K wicked gas :(
I was only teasing!!
I think it is great that you were blessed with such a wonderful baby that loves sleep...cause you are probably a more wonderful mother because of the amount of sleep you get! :) seriously! Many a mother would probably love to have a baby who loves to sleep...and I don't want to jinx things for you!
I have only been a temp-single mom since yesterday and last night's sleep was awful! Emma is sick and I was getting up with her most of the night and then the kids were up with the sun this morning...and now I am at work doing my awake shift....ug
yeah for holiday!
Post a Comment