Wednesday, October 10, 2007

baby it's cold outside

Now this is the type of fall weather I'm talking about. This past weekend was way too hot! Despite the humid temperature we had a great weekend. On Friday night we had Dave's co-worker Rob and his family over for dinner. It was a lot of fun. Then Saturday morning we packed up and headed to my parents. While there Dave and I managed to explore the bush where I used to play as a child. It was so over grown that we couldn't go the way that was once my path. It was neat to check out the water hole with him. Then my parents looked after Caleb while we had a date. We went into Orangeville and watched the movie The Kingdom. It was really good. Typical for me, I cried in it. Not so much because of the story, but because of fear. I caught a glimpse of how life can be for some countries and I worried about the future, and what it holds for our children. Anyway, it was nice to just have a date night out, and Dave held my hand! he he he.

Sunday we took Caleb and my mom to Hockley Bible Chapel for church. It was so great to see everyone. Caleb was the only baby there (doesn't appear to have young families there) so as I was leaving to take Caleb to the nursery, Pastor Mark recruited Treva to look after him for me. Then his wife Kimberley came and helped Treva look after him! ha ha ha. After church we headed home for the Thanksgiving festivities and we also celebrated my Dad and brother's birthday. We managed to get outdoors again and snap a few (like 200) pictures of us and the fall leaves. Here a just a few....






We returned home that night and on Monday we hiked with Mike and Joy on a 7km trail. It was so hot! Then Mike, Joy, Fern and Mert were over for dinner. Dave and I made chili and homemade garlic bread for dinner, and Mike and Joy brought pumpkin pie and oreo cheesecake. It was very yummy.

Yesterday I resolved my baby sitting issue. I met with the lady, Christa is her name. And she seems so great. I'm so releaved and happy about everything. Actually I think this is for the better, Caleb will have lots of fun and attention there. I'm still really nervous about returning to work, the time seems to be creeping up so fast. But Christmas is on it's way too, and that is something I can look forward to.

1 comment:

amym said...

Wow! you've been busy!
Your post title makes me sing...and yes it is cold out but BEAUTIFUL! I love fall! The sun is bright and the air is cool.
glad to hear your babysitting issues are solved...another Christa...you are going to have to start numbering them you have so many in your life it seems :) like us with our Brians