Sunday, December 02, 2007

Less Than 12 Hours

I don't know if any of you have experienced this feeling before. I feel like it's the night before the first day of school. I never liked school, so I always dreaded having to go back. I would get this anxious feeling down in my gut that just wasn't good. Well that's what I'm feeling now, but it's not about school obviously, it's about work. I have to start bright and early tomorrow at 7:30am. I guess it's not as bad as it was when I was younger, but it's just sad to think that my time as being a stay at home mom is over.

This past week I kept thinking about it all, and I tried to make the most of my few days. Dave took Thursday and Friday off, so Wednesday night we headed to Toronto and spent a couple of nights there and shopped. It was nice to get out and do stuff like that. I don't really like the city. This time, while walking to the Eaton Centre, a homeless man started walking with us, he kept looking at Caleb. Then he started to offer me a loonie and told me to get him so milk. I turned him down, and he just kept presisting. I didn't know how to get rid of him, so I ended up saying that he needed it more than we do. I guess it wasn't the most polite thing to say, and he ended up saying to me in an angry voice "you think you know my pocket troubles do you??" All I could do was apoligize. Toronto is definately a step out of my comfort zone, and I find myself clutching all my belongings much closer while I'm there.

We got a lot of shopping done. Caleb even got to sit on Santa's lap. He was a good boy and actually smiled for the photo. Yesterday was my work Christmas party for the kids. It was our first time going. It was a very simple party, Caleb didn't have much to do, we just waited for Santa and he got his present. He got a winnie the pooh phone and a bath toy. Then I didn't do much for the remaining part of the weekend. Last night Dave and I watched Transformers. It actually made me laugh out loud, probably wasn't supposed to be funny, but the whole time, I kept thinking "who knew this was going to be a comedy!"

I think I might go to bed early tonight. I have to get up earlier than I'm used to, and I'm a little afraid of how things will go, so hopefully sleeping on it will make things better. Sweet dreams, please!

1 comment:

amym said...

so...you are halfway through your first week...hows it going?