Sunday, June 07, 2009

I don't look like it, BUT I feel like Warf from Star Trek!

Well, another baseball adventure to share with you all. This year I'm playing on two teams with Dave. The usual church league that happens Thursday nights, and a new team that consists of some of our church league team mates and some of Dave's Agfa co-workers and then some more! It's a slo-pitch team, we play either Monday or Wednesday nights at the RIM diamonds. This weekend was a tournament to seed our team in a division (we're hoping we'll be in the 'C' division!)

Friday night was our first game. It was the second inning and I was up to bat. I always am nervous at my first up to bat, mostly because I don't know all of my team mates, and I get an overwhelming feeling that I don't want to let them down. Plus I'm not sure I like slo-pitch because there is strikeouts, balls, and you can be patient to wait for your pitch, where as 3 pitch, you get three chances, and I usually take the first pitch as my chance! So I was patient for my first turn, and I was so proud of myself, I got walked! So I was on first base, waiting to run to second. Well the guy up behind me hit the ball towards the second baseman, and he got the ball and stepped on the base to get me out, I remember seeing all that happen. But the next thing I know is he threw the ball to first base, the only problem was he hit me smack dab in the middle of my forehead! I fell to the ground and sat there in shock while all the guys come running to me, I looked up and Dean (Dave's boss) was crouched down checking to see if I was o.k. and I said to him, "I'm o.k. but I'm going to cry now", he told that was o.k.! I got to the bench and man, my forehead ballooned up! I sat for the next inning with ice, but everytime someone asked how I was doing, I got teary eyed again. Once the game was over (we lost the game) another one of Dave's co-workers seriously told me to go and get looked at. But I didn't want to do that. So when I got home, I called telehealth, and after all the questions they asked, he just told me to be woken up every 4 hours for that night and the next night, and keep icing it. Then I called my mom and cried about it, because I never got to let out all my tears!

Saturday I woke up grateful that there wasn't a bruise, but my forehead was definately swollen, even today I still feel like I have a giant forehead, like Warf!

To end the story, I played great the last two games, I even got the winning hit on the last game, it was the bottom of the 7th inning, we had 2 outs, and 2 people on base, and we needed two runs to win the game, and it was my turn to bat. Well, I hit the ball so hard, and far, I got both runners home win the game! I was so proud of myself!

But really, I think I need to wear a helmet!

3 comments:

Funny Girl Charleney said...

O.k. Maybe I do look like it. The swelling seems to be moving down between my eyebrows and my right eye has some bruising happening. Hmmmm, looks like hiding inside for a few days until I look normal is a solution!

amym said...

poor charlene!!

did you alteast get Dave to buy you some icecream? to help with the swelling...you know cold from both sides!! :)

Shaun said...

It's WORF!! Not Warf!!! Yeesh... friggin racoons don't know crap from crapolla!