Saturday, January 28, 2006

I'm so glad it is Saturday

Well this I found to be a long week. But I'm so happy it's over with. I had a few issues to deal with on the phones at work, and they really ruined my week. Some people can be so demeaning.

Less than a week until my brother is home. That is very exciting for me! I've been counting down the days.

We have been to the mall and back already. Dave's new xbox finally came in and we picked that up, along with some groceries for some food to take to Jay's tonight. Dave just went out to the card shop for the rest of the morning, so it's just me here.

It's quiet here, just the sound of the dryer running. It's beautiful outside. The sun is shining and it's warm, you wouldn't think it's winter! I just hope there will be snow on the ground when Krista gets here, she's been telling us how much she wants to make snow angels.

Last night the church rented out the bottom of East Side Marios. We went and played pool and had some appetizers. It was a lot of fun, and lots from the church came, so that was encouraging.

Dave and I are going to become members of the church soon. It's been weighing on Dave's heart these past few weeks, and with all the change that will be happening, we want to be apart of it. He pulled out the Purpose Driven Life again, and was reading me some of it, and yes, we need to be members. What pushed us this week, was two of our couples that attend our small group told us that they were leaving the church because they weren't getting anything out of it. This upset me. That is definately not a reason to leave. The first line in that Purpose Driven Life is "It's not about you." I know that I feel that way a lot of the times lately that I get nothing out of the worship or sermon, but I've realized that I'm not receiving because I'm not giving. The 2 couples who are leaving, I think their number one problem was they never plugged themselves in, they never got involved in any ministry. Ahhh sorry for venting. Needless to say we kicked them out of our small group and spit on them......I'M KIDDING!!!

Well I guess I should put another load of laundry in.

No comments: