Friday, February 10, 2006

Ahhh it's Friday night

Considering it was a short week at work, it still seemed to be long. It's snowing out right now and it looks really pretty.

My Davey got home late last night, it was so good to have him home. He was a real sweetheart while he was away. He sent me a flower arrangement with a 12 red roses to brighten my day, and he brought me home a real nice t-shirt. Ahhh he loves me:) He likes his nieces too, as he bought Krista a Dora cup and Brooke clothe blocks.

Steve and Sally are settling in well. Steve was able to get his job back, he starts the end of the month. Krista is in school, she's going to Princess Elizabeth.

Last night was an embarassment and disgrace on the volleyball court. Dave wasn't there, and so the rest of them decided to just goof off. Now I have developed a competitive bone and boy oh boy I was bitter at my team last night.

I was introduced to another delicacy of Mennonite culture today. On my lunch break today, the girls took me to Floridale to the tiny variety shop there. Tucked in the back of the store was a tiny room that said bakery above the door. If I went in there on my own, I would have never found it. So we bought what they call "Long Johns" To me, they look like eclairs minus the chocolate on top. I didn't think they look anything special, but once I bit into one, I was in love! Yum Yum. The cream inside is soooo good! They also sold molases cookies called Yum Yums. Next time I'll have to try them!

Ok Steve and Christa are going to come over tonight to watch a movie. Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jay Hendershot said...

You sure have a wonderful hubby. I bet your Valentine's Day will be great. My Valentine's Day will consist of working and going to the gym! I just hope that no one brings any Valentine candies in to work tomorrow.

Very cool that your brother got his old job back. Sounds like they are settling in.

Let me know if/when you reschedule the movie night.