Today was a very busy day. I hosted a "welcome home" party for Steve and Sally. I spent most of Friday cleaning the house, and then yesterday some tidying up, even this morning I got around to vaccuuming. My parents arrived first at around 10:30, and then people started to arrive later in the afternoon. It was fun, the guys spent the majority of the afternoon in the basement watching Canada get their butts whipped by Finland, while us girls talked upstairs.
It's not easy being a host, for some it can be, but for me, I'm always looking for things that need to be done, or offered or prepared. I feel like I just ran a marathon. But I liked it. I wish my family lived closer, so they could just come and hang out here, because I want them to feel like my home is their home. I know that with time, they will feel like home here, and will make themselves at home when they come. But now everyone is gone, and the house is cleaned and put back together, Dave is watching "The Family Guy" yuck!
This week is my full week at work. I hate Sunday nights, at around this time when I know that tomorrow is Monday, and it could potentially be a very long week. But I try not to dwell on it.
My eyes are getting very heavy at this point. So I think I may get into my jammies and crawl into bed!
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment