Sunday, February 26, 2006

Beautiful Morning

I went to bed pretty early last night, around 9:30pm. That's early for me, especially on a Saturday night, but I was tired. The night before we had a movie night, we invited about 20 people, and I was so nervous that they would all show up, and thank goodness they didn't. About 13 came. We all got cozy in the basement and watched The Constant Gardener. I enjoyed, but it was a confusing one, it reminded me very much of The Pelican Breif, however this one took place in Africa. It was a late night then.

Yesterday I was a lazy bumb. Well sort of. I did 4 loads of laundry, and made a couple of cards. But other than that I didn't do much. For dinner we went to the Outback with Steve and Christa. I really liked it. My meal was yummy. If you've never been there, it's kind of like the Keg (price wise yikes!) but way more casual. They have a specialty called a bloomin' onion, and oh my it was sooooo yummy. I won't begin to describ it because it was something like I've never seen before, but it was good. Everyone had the steak, but I chose the "Alice Springs" chicken. They all said there was nothing too special about thier meal, but mine was chicken breast topped with mushrooms, bacon and 3 cheeses and had a yummy dipping sauce for it. I liked it. But again the price was steep.

After dinner we went back to Steve and Christa's place so Dave could fix up their computer. On our way, we pulled over to help some kid get out of a snow bank that he glided into. I think he was just going to fast around the bend. Then we came home.

Now it's Sunday. I'm up and will slowly get ready for church. I have Sunday School first, Christa will pick me up at 9:15am. After church we heading to the farm for the afternoon. I'm looking forward to that.

The sun is shining, the sky so blue, the snow is sparkling, it's a beautiful world out there today.

1 comment:

Jay Hendershot said...

I loved The Constant Gardener. Nothing better than a movie that makes you think, even if it is a bit confusing! Depressing ending, though. Why did he think he had to sit and wait for the guy to come and kill him? Why didn't he just go back to England and reveal what he knew? He had the letter... oh well. It's just a movie!