Friday, March 17, 2006

Burnt Out

I'm sitting here on a Friday afternoon, after giving the house a somewhat extensive clean. I can't believe it's Friday already. This week has been unbelievably busy. I've been out every night this week, and I paid for it last night. Monday and Tuesday I was out with Lesa, we went to Val's place to watch Pride and Prejudice. These 2 girls have never seen it before, and I was successful at making them fall in love with Mr. Darcy too! We had a great time watching it together. Lesa is now constantly using the term "capital". Then on Wednesday night I went with Steve and Christa to Listowel to help Kris and Shannon load up a truck to move.

Last night we had our very final volleyball game. We lost all 5 which of course is no surprise to me! Once getting home and ready for bed, I could not fall asleep, I think I saw 2am roll around before I conked out. This morning I woke up with real puffy swollen eyes. I asked Dave if I could stay home from work because I couldn't open my eyes. He kindly said no! hahaha. I was happy to see my 4 hours of work to go by quickly. Then I came home, and talked to my Mom and then watched a bit of tv. I spent the last couple of hours cleaning the house, and now I am comtemplating a nice long afternoon nap!

I don't know exactly what I'll be doing for this weekend, but I hope it takes it's time to pass!

By the way, my Dad is doing ok. It's not a great feeling seeing your parents age, I'm really struggling with that these days. Life is really short.

The sun is shining, I think spring is in the air.

I do remember one thing I was thinking about last night, I was thinking of Amy and Deb, and how much I miss our casual dinner and movie nights. But more on top of that I miss our closeness. I know that I am weak at making efforts to have that back, and really I may never experience that feeling again, but I hold it so dear to my heart. I remember driving into Amy's and Deb coming over on such a regular basis, almost every weekend, if not more. I miss snuggling under the blankets watching tv. I came across the flyer that we three made for the summer end party at my parent's farm for c&c, ahhh memories! I just wanted to let you know that I miss you both and love you!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Charlene, thats very nice of you! I miss being close to you too -- its hard when we're physically so far away :( Thank you for your kind words.

Movie night is coming! I'm pretty sure I'll be there.

~Deb

Jay Hendershot said...

Hey, what about me?? Just because I'm out of the country it doesn't mean you can forget me! ;-)