Friday, July 21, 2006

anxiousness

I'm anxious this evening. My ultrasound didn't go too well. Baby was sleeping at first, crawled up in a ball. The techinician had a difficult time trying to get the necessary shots the doctor wanted. It was a different lady. And at first she only took me in, and I couldn't see a thing, where as last time Dave came in right with me and was able to watch everything. I think I was in there with her alone for a good 35 mins. She had me get up and go to the bathroom, then lay on my side. She just couldn't get good enough shots. When Dave did come in, he was only in for a few minutes when she said that this time wasn't gonna work and that the doctor will probably call us and have us come again for another. I'm worried.

I know I shouldn't be, and Sally reassured me that things are just fine. Sometimes it's difficult for technicians to get good ultrasounds. So I'm trying to focus on the positive.

Now I'm playing nurse for my husband who is currently suffering with a migraine. He's barfing, and it's not good for me to smell it. YUCK! I may hurl. I think I'm going to find myself a popsicle and watch a bit of tv.

2 comments:

Shaun said...

Relax Char :) I only came in after Deb was done having most of her pictures taken. Some technicians are like that. And as for the baby moving around, just drink coke or have some chocolate or something about half an hour before. Gets them all hyper!

Deb said...

Try not to worry, Char. Babies are finickity that way and sometimes its just not possible to get a good shot of the thing you need to see. Try drinking sprite instead of water next time *grin* and have some chocolate as Shaun said.