Friday was my half day. Dave took the afternoon off as well to join me for my Doctor's appointment and ultrasound in Orangeville. It was neat. At the doctor's appointment she did the heartbeat again, and told me as far as she's concerned, everything seems healthy and normal. I may not see her from now on out as my next appointment is in Kitchener with the OBGYN.
While this was happening I had to go pee sooooo bad. So with the Doctor pushing on me to get the heartbeat was hard enough. Then I had to go from there to the ultrasound place. There too was so hard on my poor bladder. I couldn't wait comfortably and then the technician did a whole series of shots, while pushing again, before letting me go and releave myself!
It was so amazing to see the baby in me. To see the heart pumping and working, and to see little feet moving. It was hard to make certain things out, even still, looking at the pictures we were given it's hard to tell. I think it looks like a little alien.
The technician was surprised at my measurements because I'm only 18wks along, but with the baby's measurments she works it out to be 19 & 1/2 weeks along, a whole matter of 10 days. So her report says my due date is November 27. But who knows?!?! Deb told me to just keep my normal count, which I shall do, and just take comfort in knowing that I have a big healthy baby in me! Those were the technician's words, "either you mis-calculated your due date, or you're having a big one!" Lets hope by the end it won't be too big! hahaha.
I was surprised when she told me about how big it was, as I'm still not showing really. Sally tells me that I just have really good stomach muscles, with all the previous swimming I did and biking. I feel bloated half the time and just wish I could look pregnant, but I'm coping, and glad in a way that I haven't had to spend money yet on maternity clothes.
2 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures of your little bean!!
Bean? More like a sweet potato or a zucchini (referred to Deb's post on fruit/veg and how they compare to the size of the baby at certain stages)!!
Post a Comment