There was a 10am session and a 7pm session. So the time in between that we walked up to the Eaton's centre, had lunch and wandered around that mall for a bit. Then headed down to the lake front and spent the rest of our time there. I definitely over did it with all the walking. My feet and ankles no longer resembled human! The 7pm session was fabulous. Her message was so great, and the worship was powerful, and the ACC was packed full. It was just amazing. The whole day was rewarding. I was home by 11:30pm.
Saturday the alarm went off at 6am. I literally cried to Dave asking him if that meant I had to get up. He said no, that he had to but that the alarm was going off again at 6:30am and I would need to be up then. You see, it was garage sale day. It was a very long day. I discovered that I really do not like the garage sale scene. Dave had a ball tournament, so Benji came for the day to spend with the kids while I was stuck bickering prices with random strangers! Things got wrapped up around 4pm, and my brother was relieved from his duties earlier than that. Dave didn't get home until after 7pm, so needless to say, rest was not received on Saturday.
Sunday when I woke, I debated the thought of staying home from church while Dave took the kids. Then I realized that this Sunday I could actually go and sit with my husband for the service. So I managed to get myself going for the day. Little did I know that when it came time to drop the kids off at the nursery, the scheduled worker didn't show. I was left there, with Christa and 7 kids. I didn't mind doing that, but when I have something in mind that I looked forward to and it didn't happen, caught me off guard. On our short 2 minute drive home, I bawled my eyes out. I was TIRED! After the kids were fed their lunch and put to bed, I went straight to bed myself. I slept for about an hour. Dave arranged to have his parents come over and stay with the kids for dinner while he and I went out to Montana's for a dinner date. That was nice.
I'm still recovering from the weekend. I don't get sleep much at night. I haven't been feeling well. In fact I was worried that all my activity this weekend may have thrown me into preterm labour, there were a few things I started to experience, but thankfully they seem to have past. It's way too early for that! But this baby is an athlete. He's forever moving, this I love, but there comes a point where I wouldn't mind a little bit of a rest! Maybe all this action on the inside will translate to a tired baby on the outside?
No comments:
Post a Comment