Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Things on the Go...

It's odd, when I should be taking things easy, it seems that life has become crazy busy! This past weekend was a little nuts. Leading up to the weekend, I thought, well, not much happening, should get things done. Little did I know that getting things done required me to work! ha ha ha. Friday night Dave got home and we moved the kids furniture around. Now the crib is set up and ready for this little one to arrive. It's in Caleb's room with the change table/dresser. Amberly graduated from the crib to the toddler bed with flying colours, it was like she's always been in it. Caleb is currently sleeping on an air mattress. We know what bed we're getting him from Home Hardware, but it's a matter of ordering.
Saturday we did more sorting of toys, clothes and general stuff. My mother-in-law is having a garage sale this weekend, so we're going to set up a table of things. Then we drove out to the farm to meet Norma. She took family pictures for us and I just wanted to see her, I haven't in AGES! We had a great time, and it felt so great being there. I miss it very much.
She took most of the photo's on her own camera but used our camera for a few, so that's one of them. She'll mail us the disc of hers which I can't wait to see. Leaving the farm we went out for dinner and the kids were as good as gold and I just truly enjoyed my afternoon. Seeing Norma, watching the kids run free with Sophie, and seeing peace on my hubby's face, it was amazing.
Sunday we headed to church and after that went to Elora with friends to have a picnic lunch at a park with a free splash pad. The kids had a blast. After that, we came home and just relaxed somewhat. We continued to work and put things in order. Mike and Joy came over after dinner to show us pictures of their trip to Brazil. It was a good day.
Monday we headed to my parents for the day. My family was there to celebrate birthdays. Mine, Sally's and Denise's. The kids had a blast again. The freedom of running around without worry suits them well.
I saw my ob today. I lost 2 pounds. Probably because I'm sick again! It's amazing how it works, 4pm rolls around and I'm feeling gross. So I feel like a bird in the evening, barely eating anything. Tonight was Caleb's last day of soccer. He even scored a goal! He had a great night and season. I'm sure we'll do it again next summer.
This Friday I'm taking the day off of work and heading to Toronto with friends to see Joyce Meyer and Darlene Zchech(sp?) I'm so looking forward to it. But it's going to be a long day. We're leaving Elmira at 5:45am and probably not getting home until 11pm or later. Then I have to be up at the crack of dawn Saturday morning for the garage sale. Man, whose idea was this anyway? Oh well, I'll survive, I hope! I just hope it doesn't bring on labour, I know how much easier it is to have this little fellow inside instead of out!

No comments: