Saturday, August 14, 2010

Names on the Mind

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the fact that we know we're having a boy this time around. I don't know. What ever it is, it's getting to be crunch time and we still haven't named this little fellow! There's only about 5.5 weeks left (if that) and we can't settle on a name that we both like. There are 2 possibilities, but even still, I think about it all the time, and the more I think about it the more I grow to not love them! And then, there's the middle name, we haven't even begun to even think about that! YIKES!
There isn't much on our plate today, so I think we're going to enjoy the day and go out shopping. (Well I'll enjoy that, I'm not sure my man will) We have to get Caleb ready for school finding him a special back pack and lunch pail. I want to find a cute hospital outfit for this little one and a special soft blanket, just like the one my other two have as their special blankies. Maybe even look at the diaper bags. (They are like purses, I could use the one from before, but I feel it's time for a change!) I have the list from the hospital of all the "products" I'll need for myself and the baby, diapers, pads, all the things I don't really want to think about!
The house is almost set up and ready for when the big arrival happens. Caleb's bed was delivered on Thursday, and all the clothes are moved around and put in the proper rooms and places. The baby stuff is out and washed, folded and put away. The only thing left to do is find a shelf unit of sorts that will fit in a certain area of the boys room to put all the books and stuff that once sat on top of Caleb's dresser. That and I need to pull out the swing, bouncey chair, bassinet and mobile and get those cleaned and set up. We're almost there!
I couldn't sleep in this morning. 6am my hips were just killing me, and the little boy was moving so much that I just couldn't just lay there anymore. So here I am. I may crawl back into bed soon, for warmth. It's freezing in here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

baby names! what fun!!! I always have a list going of names I like (just in case)...
have fun shopping!
Is Caleb excited for school? will he be going every day?
~amy

Funny Girl Charleney said...

We talk about school, but he doesn't seem to show excitment. I'm trying to make it special for him because September is going to be loaded with change for the kids, so I hope I can successfully make it special for him.
He's been to the school regularly with the babysitter, so he is comfortable with the surroundings.