Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Almost Bed Time

Okay,
So this will be the beginning of "my letting you know what life unfolded in the most recent past of myself" Sounds interesting you think? We'll see.

Tonight Dave took me to Guelph to see The Wedding Crashers, it was pretty hilarious, it made me laugh a whole lot and for some reason I really needed that, and good for Dave to know I needed that.

I want to tell you about this pretty funny story about what happened to me on Sunday.....it's getting past my bed time so bare with me okay...

It's kind of a long story, because there's a lot of explaining I have to do. I read this book called "A Complicated Kindness" it won the GG of 2004, anyway, the girl in it had a moment with baseball (and because baseball seems to be the centre of my summer I adopted her every word) She hated it, and so she tried to make every effort to make it some what more interesting for herself. So one thing she created was running her heart out to the base if she got walked.

Okay, here's where Sunday night comes in to this and myself. I decided to do this as well. Yes. I was on 2nd base, while Suzanne was up to bat and got walked. So I ran like mad to 3rd base, I ran like I was running for my life. Well as I approached the base, I began to stumble a bit and before I knew it, I completely hit the ground sliding onto and on top of the 3rd base. Yes I ran and slid into 3rd on a "walk" My team thought I was insane (which I'm still thinking about too) and the other team, probably thinks I'm truly dumb at sports. I got up and cheered because I wanted to make it look like I did it on purpose. I kind of laughed a bit, and knew that my laughter wasn't going to take away the pain, but maybe not thinking about it would. I had to run home and got in, when Suzanne then freaked and said "Charlene, you're bleeding" My arm was completely scratched up.

Ahh if only you could see me now! My arm is really gross and sore and burns, but there's more, my right leg is scratched up and bruised, along with 2 scraps on the same knee, and a bruise on my left leg and my right breast is completely bruised as well. I mean what was I thinking?

I really laugh at myself and the "insane" part is I triumph over my own humour, but I'm the only one, no one else seemed to get the joke. So I'm totally in physical pain all for a good laugh, which I ended up sharing with myself!

The other funny thing is (to maybe only myself) is people at work see my arm and ask me what on earth happened, and I get serious and say I took a fall for the team! hahahaha

Goodnight!

No comments: