Thursday, August 25, 2005

Whatever

Isn't that the most odd form of expression when you think about it? But that's all I could think of in the split moment this evening when I could have said probably a million different things. Dave and I were asked by Darcy to play for his RBC ball team tonight as fill ins. We said sure, so off to Guelph we went and I was asked to play rover, which wasn't a surprise. Darcy had also warned us that this team sucks. I was playing as I normally do, making a couple of catches and stopping ground balls. However this didn't seem to impress this one guy. Dave had to sit one inning, so this guy was playing centre field and a girl came upto bat, and this guy came upto me and told me to switch positions for this girl because he would have a better chance at getting her out than me! I just looked and him and grrrrrred in my head and said "whatever" and made the switch. What a jerk, the ball didn't even come anywhere close to him! I should have said "No I can play this just as well as anyone here" but no, just "whatever" came out. I was mad at myself for not saying anything. But Darcy came up and apoligized on his behalf, and we just laughed at his ignorance. The team lost majorly too! Oh well!

So it's been a few days, and something funny but kind of sad happened. Lesya called me on Monday night saying "Guess What?" --what? I asked, "My foot's not broken". hahahaha (this is the funny part) she actually had a cast on for a week and a half and her foot wasn't even broken in the first place. All the changes she had to make to all her plans, everything she went through on crutches (and in wheelchairs). She went to the Doctor's on Monday for another appt. and the doctor told her it was a mistake, it wasn't broken to begin with! I laughed and laughed. Then she told me that she was leaving the next day. That made me sad. I had made plans to hang out with her on Saturday before she leaves, but since her foot wasn't broken her and her mom were going to drive out west afterall leaving the next day! Poor Mr. Moore, he went to work on Monday morning, all normal, and came home to complete shock, with the car half packed up, his daughter running around on two feet (one missing a cast) and his wife running around grabbing this and that saying we're leaving first thing in the morning. hahahaha hilarious! So my dear girl has left my presence and I miss her already. But Christmas isn't that far away!

That's it till next time!


I asked Darcy about Dave Marshall because he too works in Elmira's RBC and he said he thinks that he works for another bank now in Elmira? So who knows? Does anybody?

No comments: