Monday, August 29, 2005

It's Over

I can't believe that my weekend is over already. They just go way too fast. Saturday was a good day, we went to the farm to celebrate Denise's birthday. On our way there was saw the destruction of the tonado, it's just amazing to see how much damage to the trees and corn fields. While at the farm, I went to Orangeville with my mom and met Denise, and we did some shopping. Mom was looking for an outfit for a weekend away, while at Winner's I found a nice sweater, and an awesome shirt for Dave. Dave and Benji went golfing together. Then at the farm we ate supper and cake. Us "kids" then went to the movies and saw The Brother's Grimm. What an odd movie it was. I don't even think I could describe it let alone reccommend it either. I don't know how I feel about it, it was just odd.

Today was a very nice day, church was great, the team that went to Athen's did their presentation, and they had awesome pictures and wonderful testimonies to share. I could easily see how their lives had changed, and most said that their life was touched perhaps more then the lives they went to help. The children were so beautiful, and I think they were what touched most, to know how their lives are being torn apart by war, and to see how happy they are from day to day, what an amazing realization for us. We have everything, and yet still we're not happy, and they have nothing and find joy in the little but best things.

Afterwards we went over to Tony and Cindy's house for lunch. They invited all their prayer parteners over. It was yummy. And to finish off the night, we had an awesome baseball game, it was like 34-8 hahahaha, we were on fire! I was on base all night, except for once when some dude caught the ball on me! Afterwards the whole team came back to our place and we had pizza an pie, very fun night!

Now tomorrow is Monday. Kris was talking about a girl who lives in Waterloo, and used to work with him at the head office of Home Hardware, and then took a job at the Orangeville Home Hardware, and now commutes there everyday. I immediately thought about car pooling. But I still don't know. As much as I love BookLore and truly miss it, for some reason I feel that if I were to go back, things wouldn't be as I remember them to be. I just don't know.

and the pondering shall go on.....

No comments: