Monday, February 06, 2006

Snowed In

Well it's been an emotional day. Some of you may laugh and think I'm silly, but my feelings are from the heart. I've been at my parents since Thursday. Dave drove separately and come yesterday when there seem to be a break in the snow, he left, knowing that he couldn't risk missing work today. I took the day off, so I planned to stay. It was a hard decision, because I didn't know what today would bring. In hind sight I wish I had left with him. It has snowed non-stop here all day, and as of 7:28pm it still is snowing. The roads all in this area have been closed, even Airport Road is closed, and this is a rarity.

So why am I upset you may ask. Because I'm stuck here. I can't leave until tomorrow, and tomorrow Dave leaves for Milwalkie for a couple of days. I'm upset, because I still value every second I get with him and I can't see him before he leaves. I had a hard day today. Between him calling me, and my family asking me what I was going to do, everytime I thought about it, I got upset. I know that being here and not on the roads is the best decision, but sometimes the best decisions suck! So I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll get to say goodbye quick to Dave before he leaves for the airport. My Dad is going to get up early and blow out the drive, then we're hopefully going to take Krista to school, and then I'll try and head home. I think I may call work and tell them I'm not coming in, but I haven't decided that either. I guess it will be determined on how well the drive is, and if I'm emotionally stronger when I get home. Oh dear.

My family is good to me, and have cheered me up. We just got in from playing out in the snow with Krista. The funny part was watching Suzie get lost in the snow, as it's way over her head. I don't know how much snow we have, but it comes up to the door handles of my car! We have lots!

I don't know what I'll do to pass the time tonight, other than this, maybe I'll go watch one of the millions of movies my brothers have, who knows, but I hope that you all are home safe and surrounded by the ones you love.

2 comments:

Jay Hendershot said...

I hope you get a chance to see your hubby before he leaves. I don't think you are being too emotional.

I am sure that as I write this, you are on your way home. I hope you have/had a safe drive. Talk to you soon.

amym said...

What school is Krista going to?
wow! snow...our fields are still green here...so funny! I'd say we have maximum 2mm of snow here.
I miss it but am glad that we didn't get so much that we'd be snowed in...I don't have any way of removing it other than a shovel and hopefully neighbours with large tractors that would take pity on me :)
say 'hi' to everyone for me
take care!