Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bitter Sweet

Well today was a mixed bag of emotions for me. I spent the whole day worrying about my Dad. I cleared my evening schedule to go to Orangeville and spend time with him. Just before my day at work ended, my boss called me into her office and offered me a promotion! I excitedly accepted, as I take another step up the corporate ladder. My new title is Group Administrator. Not too flashy, but change at work is exciting for me. Plus I think I get to move from my cubical, ultimately I feel this is the best part of the whole promotion! hahaha

Then I got to the hospital and my Dad looks terrible. I thought I would feel better once I saw him, but not this time. His left eye is totally swollen, almost to the point that he can't see out of it. It looks like he got into a brawl or something. His left gland is swollen too. He just looks terrible. The antiboitics they give him hasn't seem to take the swelling out, and he's almost done them. He's getting them through an IV too. The doctors don't seem too concerned which I guess is a good sign. He had a specialist come in at midnight last night to take a look at his nose and eye. He too said not to worry about things. He's coming back again tonight to look down his throat with a microscopic thing because my Dad says he's been feeling a lump down it. Ahhh so yes I'm definately scared. I really hope and pray that he'll be better soon. Please remember him in your prayers.

2 comments:

Jay Hendershot said...

Promotion - Yahoo!

Dad sick - Boo!

I hope he gets well soon. I'm sure it must look bad to you but it sounds like the doctors are confident he'll be better soon. Keep us posted.

amym said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! you'll be running the place in no time if you keep this up! then you can run it how you want it and make it have more 'fun' days....like tuesdays could be 'swap cubicle day' in which everyone gets to swap spaces and redecorate
you could also give people bonuses for having the most creatively decorated cubby for holidays...
like "National Grandparent's Day" and you could make sure you celebrate important holidays at work like "national chocolate appreciation day"