Friday, August 26, 2005

Good Old Memories

Home alone I thought I would make some more cards, and listen to music. Since I've cleaned the house up, I was pretty lazy and didn't want to go to the basement to find a cd, so I looked in the closet and found my old tape collection. I pulled out my Power House Praise tape from Flesherton. I put it in expecting it to sound terrible because it was amateur. But it doesn't sound that bad really. It totally brought back lots of memories, great ones. Listening to it makes me want to talk to Michael again! There was one time I ended up going with Michael and his cousin alone. (what a no no with Risk Management these days) and I got the front seat, and Michael, and I can't remember his cousin's name, had me laughing so hard that I could have and may have peed my pants. I think I'll never forget the goat.

It's amazing the mind, I haven't listened to this tape in ages, and yet I know what songs follow. It's cool.

Dave is out golfing again. So I came home from work and cleaned the house and had some dinner and then I made just one card. Christa just called and I told her that Mike and Joy are probably going to come over for a movie, if they wanted to join us, and she said probably. It's great that there's more coming, I just wish we had a couch for them to sit on.

Last night Dave and I watched Man of the House. It was a cute movie, but mostly silly. I'm not sure which one we'll watch tonight, but I'm hoping another funny one. I'm just in the mood for a laugh.

I'm very thankful that it's the weekend. Oh I found my new mentor at work. Her name is Cathy, she is a pretty important lady at work, but I was so lucky to hear her stories today. She is the ultimate prank queen. She pulls extreme pranks on her boss of all people. Here's one quick example. There's Chinese guys who work for us in the tech department, she asked one of them to write out the worst saying ever in Chinese. Some were funny, and the one she chose was bad, something like "I'm a complete Horse's ass" and she got it done up real fancy like with the Chinese characters and had it framed and gave it to her boss. He loved it and put it up in his office. Never really knowing what it meant until one day, Ting (a different Chinese guy) came and looked at it with complete shock. It was only then that Frank (Cathy's boss) knew it said something bad!

later

4 comments:

amym said...

good to hear that things are going so well!!!

amym said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amym said...

did you get the invites for the spa weekend?? I sent you extras incase you have other girls that you want to invite. i mailed one off to Norma too.

Funny Girl Charleney said...

Ya I got them, thanks.

Norm can't come, her sister is moving that weekend.